OK I'm going crazy over some of the French Road Signs that I see so can someone point me in the right direction please

On the whole I'm OK with lots of them but some of them I just don't understand - what are they trying to tell me??  I guess the one with the car on fire means that going down that road could cause your car to instantly ignite - or is it just going to overheat in hot weather.  There are so many others that are a puzzle too so is there a website which gives them all? 

I'm frazzled by it all,

Trisha

Mike beat me to it but also have a look at:

http://www.americansinfrance.net/Driving/SelectedRoadSigns.cfm. Not brilliant but it covers most of the common ones.

The one with the car on fire is not about cars it seems,it applies to vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and erxplosives, some additional signs underneath can impose restrictions on such vehicles. I always thought it meant risk of overheating as it is usually seen on the peripherique in Paris where there are queues!!

hey, that's a brilliant website - thanks

It is on the peripherique that I've spotted the 'car on fire' - so now I know.   I'll be looking out for the others 

Cheers to you, Trisha