Raid into Switzerland

bedders

We shall be staying in the Jura, end of May/Early June, and would like to take a trip into Switzerland as it will be so close.

Is there any extra paperwork we will require for our trip, or will the usual bits & pieces be sufficient? Finally can anyone recommend a particular route around lake Geneva, or is it all picture postcard.

Thanks,

Bedders  

[quote user="bedders"]

We shall be staying in the Jura, end of May/Early June, and would like to take a trip into Switzerland as it will be so close.

Is there any extra paperwork we will require for our trip, or will the usual bits & pieces be sufficient? Finally can anyone recommend a particular route around lake Geneva, or is it all picture postcard.

Thanks,

Bedders  

[/quote]

Nope [;-)] if travelling by car you may have to tell your ins.co as it's not part of the EU, but you will probably need to even for France to be covered FC .the last couple of times we have been there they even take Euros (if it's money the Swiss take it [:D])

Yes it's pretty much all picture postcard [:D]

Just be careful not to stray onto the motorway system inadvertently - they do not have pay-as-you-go toll-booths, but require your car to display a sticker called a "vignette".

This costs CHF 40 & must be displayed in the prescribed manner by each vehicle (including motorcycles, trailers and caravans) using Swiss motorways and semi-motorways. Fine for non-display cost of vignette(s) 100CHF. You can buy these at customs offices at the border or at service stations or POs - but if you are just enjoying the scenery I would steer clear of the autoroutes, although I have once or twice found that a country road just seems to take me onto an autoroute against my wishes!