Car/ Taxi/ Hire car?

lil

Hi,

I am trying to work out a way of having a car in France to avoid hire car charges. The problem is, how do we get from the airport and back? We fly to Limoge and then have a 40 min drive to near Marval. I have been told that the taxi fare is very high. Wondered if we could pay someone local to pick us up or find somewhere close to the airport to store the car.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lil[:)]

Sorry, just realised that my first message was not very clear. We have a house near Marval so visit several times a year. This means that the cost of car hire adds up and it would be cheaper if we could buy a car. The problem is getting to and from the airport.

Lil

thats a coincidence. i just posted a similar question in the getting there section. our friends have decided to buy a car because the car hire was costing them a bomb. unfortunately they live an hour and a half away from the nearest airport - carcassonne. two kind people posted replies and my friends are looking into both the ideas suggested. have a look.

Sorry, the section was called travelling to/from France. The gist of the replies was: try googling "hivernage" followed by the place youre interested in. they are the people who store caravans and might just store your car for you. and the other suggestion was that an annual season ticket at your local airport might not be as expensive as you imagine. so ask.