French number plates

Kitty

I need to buy French number plates.  I  had to leave the motor in the hangar as I ran out of time driving to a kiosk to make them and a garage to fit them.  (Complicated family problems has brought me back to the UK until school restarts.)

Can I buy them somewhere on the internet?

(You will be very envious.  I had no idea what my number would be until I got the carte gris.  It is absolutely brilliant, using a combination of only two numbers [dept 33 is one of the numbers] and two letters.  In the UK, my car number is ridiculous - every single number and letter is different.  If I ever get stopped by the UK police, I would have 20 gos at guessing the number and would still get it wrong.  It'll be a doddle if (when?) the French gendarmes stop me.)

Oh dear - what have I started?!  You aren't allowed to guess - I don't want to be recognised by any of you when I'm steaming along the A10.

A clue - the letters are rather rude, which makes them even easier to remember!

By the way, I still need to buy the plates...

If you google "plaques mineralogiques" you'll find a couple of French websites which will supply replacement plates with fancy logos and personalised messages along the bottom, but they're quite expensive and you'd have to await delivery.

Given that you're allowed literally only a few hours to change your plates once you've got a new carte grise, you'd be better off going straight to your kiosk and garage to have them fitted without delay.