Service Costs - Renault Scenic

Salty Sam

Could anyone provide me with an idea of the price difference between having a Renault Scenic serviced in France as against taking it to an incompetent Renault dealer in the UK? It's also due for a timing belt change and I nearly collapsed when my UK dealer informed me of the price.

Many thanks

It should be cheaper.........we get our Espace serviced in France whenever it needs it, as it definitely works out better. Again, no specific idea re timing belt, but anything which qualifies for being fixed under warranty should be covered as warranties are Europe-wide.

Can't help with Scenic costs but we have a Kangoo 1.9 diesel which should give a fair comparison.

Just had THE major service including cambelt and also needed cambelt tensioner and allied bits replacing. Total cost was 630 euros which I suspect is considerably cheaper than UK prices.

Hope that helps

Bob

We have an 8 year old Scenic that we have always tried to have serviced in France or Spain.  Cambelt was changed in Spain with a full service and cost £250 all in.  A service at my Renault garage in the UK was £214!!  Normally at our Renault garage nr Chef Boutonne a service costs around £110.

[quote user="Philmco"]Can't help you on timing belt costs, but my local Renault dealer's hourly labour rate is €36.12 TTC.[/quote]

My local (UK) Renault franchise charges £42 (61 euros) per hour for labour, and parts are charged at top whack. I recently had new rear discs and pads - £292! A local independent later quoted £220 if using genuine Renault parts.

M

My Mégane has just had its 60,000km service, at our local Renault dealer which is a fairly major one replacing lots of bits. It also needed a new electronic lock to the tailgate which had stopped working.  The cost was 249€ which I thought was quite reasonable.