Wanted: Left hand drive Renault 4

citron225

Hi, new here but love it already. I'm looking to buy a very modest, shabby-chic left-hand drive Rebault 4 - doesn't matter which colour it comes in, really. I'm actually based in Oxfordshire at the moment, so am wondering if any one in France or on regular trips to France can tell me of R4s they know for sale or point me in the direction of R4s for sale - cheeky , I know, but hey if you don't ask, you don't get.

Budget is, er, budget! Up to 800€? I will be importing the car to the UK, as well as using it in France, just so's you know.

Oh and I do keep an eye on eBay - both in the UK and France... it's just I hate all that overly-competitive thing. I just want to buy a car...

Thanks!

You will probably find them all over the place in France. There is one in my nearest village. No idea of the price, nor mileage, nor age, nothing. Just parked outside somebody's house with AV on the windscreen. I'd suggest just keeping your eyes open as at that price, trips to see become costly in relation to the cost of the car.

Ian

[quote user="citron225"]Hi, new here but love it already. I'm looking to buy a very modest, shabby-chic left-hand drive Rebault 4 - doesn't matter which colour it comes in, really. I'm actually based in Oxfordshire at the moment, so am wondering if any one in France or on regular trips to France can tell me of R4s they know for sale or point me in the direction of R4s for sale - cheeky , I know, but hey if you don't ask, you don't get.

Budget is, er, budget! Up to 800€? I will be importing the car to the UK, as well as using it in France, just so's you know.

Oh and I do keep an eye on eBay - both in the UK and France... it's just I hate all that overly-competitive thing. I just want to buy a car...

Thanks![/quote]

OOps... Our elderly neighbour has just sold his to a guy from the other end of the country for 1000euros: it was totally original (even had the original tyres!) and had some wicked old fashioned touches - by far the coolest 4l I've ever seen! Hardly used and always garaged...

Sorry - only just seen your post.