attestation de conformite partielle??? what now???

benson

Hi all

We are in the process of trying to register our car in France.  I started the process by sending off the form to the DRIRE as suggested on this site.  They sent my form (and cheque) back and told me I had to apply to Mitsubushi France.  So I wrote a letter asking for a certificate de conformite and they sent me an attestation de conformite partielle.  The attestation stated that the car complied with all aspects of the code de la route francais but the structure of the chassis number is different. (by 1 letter) There was nothing to say what I had to do next so we went to the prefecture.  They said I have to apply to the DRIRE but as stated above they directed me to the manufacturer.  Maybe its me but I feel like I'm going round in circles!!  Has anyone else been issued with a partielle or can anyone suggest what I should do now

many thanks

The car's a ringer....[:-))][:-))]

No, it means they can't match your VIN number exactly, so your partial attestation shows this as an exception - so you'll need to take it to the DRIRE to have this checked and verified.  Contact them and ask for an appointment for a reception de titre isole.  They'll call the vehicle in for a quick inspection then issue you with a process-verbal certificate. This replaces the partial Mitsubishi attestation for the purposes of registration at the prefecture.  Downside is, they'll charge you 87 euros for this.

Note:  This inspection is a different process to the one where you originally asked the DRIRE for a type approval attestation.

Hi,

We asked the prefecture whether we should apply to to the DRIRE for a conformity certificate, but they said no, ask Toyota...

Around three months (and €120) later...

We also got a partial certificate of conformity - the engine matched one model, and the chassis another. The prefecture sent us off to the DRIRE who took partial certs from Toyota and copy of V5... then they wrote us a letter asking for a cheque for around €86.90 and the original CT, then we got letter informing us of appointment to bring car for inspection (only around 4 days notice given!).

Inspection took around half an hour, maybe a bit more. Not too involved, but they did check I'd changed the headlights to LHD.

A month later we got a letter from the prefecture to say they wanted a cheque & ID to complete the re-registration. Was surprised that DRIRE and prefecture talk to each other directly - DRIRE had sent certificate directly to them. Popped along to prefecture, half an hour wait, and we finally get a carte gris!

Iain

Prefectures and DRIREs do liaise quite a bit because they're both concerned with the same thing - vehicle conformity and registration.

Sometimes people say that they managed to get a car registered without having to produce a "certificate of conformity".  In practice, the prefecture has been helpful and sent their incomplete dossier to the DRIRE for them to issue an attestation and send it back to the prefecture.  The prefecture have then issued the carte grise.

When you've contacted the DRIRE directly for an attestation d'identite or an RTI inspection, they will often ask you for all your vehicle documents and they will send everything on to the prefecture on your behalf.  Prefecture will write to you saying your carte grise is ready for collection.

On the other hand, to avoid the long postal delay, you can ask the DRIRE to hand over your certificate so you can go directly to the prefecture yourself .

This interests me as I registered my UK Skoda here and got the certificate of conformity from Skoda UK (Skoda France pointed me in their direction).   I am currently trying to reregister my Landrover Defender and Landrover UK say Landrover France should issue this!  Does this vary from manufacturer to manufacturer or what?  Sort of thing Sunday Driver would know...

From what you say, there are clearly variations - either the "it's not me, it's him" type, or internal procedures which differ dependent upon the individual manufacturer.

In the case of conformity certificates, I'd always go for the line of least resistance.  If you think about it, the key person in the chain is the prefecture clerk who processes your registration application. and as we've all read on previous posts, if he/she is going to get confused and misinterpret things, then we suffer the inconvenience. 

So it makes sense to present them with a document that they can instantly recognise and just copy the numbers into their computer without having to think too much about it.  Given they're unlikely to speak a foreign language, that means a document that is in French, so I'd try to get your certificate from the French manufacturer/importer/DRIRE.