Renaming Roads

Cassis

And people laugh at GPS systems getting it wrong. Unless you upgrade your system every year, just like TU said you need to do with ordinary maps they will always 'appear' to be wrong. It's not the GPS's fault that the road numbers have changed.

Will - Re the girls, you were obviously in the wrong part of Oslo or there in the winter, one of the two.

Quillan, I've been to Oslo many times, in different seasons, though mostly during June. The only places where they removed ALL their clothes were certain bars, though they did come very close, particularly in the Vigeland(?) Park (the one with the statues). [:D]

Incidentally, I looked on Amazon for the book mentioned above (A272, An Ode to a Road, by Pieter Boogart - I have a copy somewhere). And found that customers who bought it also bought M25 Travelling Clockwise by Roy Phippen, The M6 Sights Guide and The M4 Sights Guide both by Mike Jackson, The 100 Rudest Place Names in Britain, by Ed Hurst, Roundabouts of Great Britain and Parking Mad, Car Parks from Heaven (and Hell) - nice little full circle link there - both by Kevin Beresford. And also B****cks to Alton Towers.

I kid you not.

Does France have books like this? Maybe there could be a publishing opportunity, if only they would leave the road numbers alone.

[quote user="cooperlola"]Saus, where did you pick up the original info?  Is there a list of number changes somewhere that I can access?  I have just upset a lot of petrol heads today with your news![;-)][/quote]

I only know for the Sarthe - there was an article in "La Sarthe", the Conseil General's monthly glossy that appears in the postbox.

RN 138     Alençon - Indre-et-Loire             = RD 338

RN 23       Maine et Loire - Orne                 = RD 323

RN 157     Mayenne - Loir et Cher               = RD 357

RN 226     A11 Le Mans Sud - RN 23          = RD 326

RN 438     A11 Alençon Sud - RN138 (sic)   = RD 338bis

There may be more info on the dept website http://www.cg72.fr