When do we get the deeds?

I'm probably being a bit pushy but we actually bought our house on March 21 last year but we haven't received the deeds from the notaire yet.

We are going over for a visit on Saturday (now that the renovations are more or less finished) and I might pop in to the notaire to ask about them.

I was just wondering what sort of time scale other people might have experienced before they received their paperwork. 

Stuart

I received a letter from the Notaire yesterday for some land I bought in January this year also with a small refund cheque.

It refers to the paperwork as shown below.

"Votre Titre de Propriété est à votre disposition à la étude"

It took me about a year.  I mentioned it to the Estate Agent who gave him a gentle reminder and the paperwork was through within a week.  He appologisd and said it had got tucked away and forgotton about.  Again they are not deeds as such, but enough to proove ownership.

Well, we got back to the UK this afternoon and I thought I should just update you about my title deeds.

We popped in to the estate agent on Wednesday to ask about the paperwork and she was very surprised we had not received it yet.  She phoned the notaire and the lady there was extremely apologetic.  She said she would get everything ready for the next day.

True to her word, we were able to collect the papers, together with a cheque for a 116 euro rebate, at 10am on Thursday morning.

Thanks to all thise who were able to offer some advice.

Stuart