Rover headlight conversion

Veloiste

We need to convert our headlights prior to re-registering. Does anyone know of any Rover garages in or near the Limousin, or indeed, any garage that could do this. Also, does anyone have any experience of registering a Rover in France? We unbderstand the process, but its more a question of any problems that may have arisen as a result of the Rover collapse and subsequent buyout.

As one Gary to another,

You don't say where you are but find a car accessory shop that stock 'Valeo' parts. They do headlight units for virtually every modern car. The price is good as well. If you are reasonably competant with a screwdriver you should be able to fit them yourself. Line the beams up on a garage door and then nip down the local garage and ask them to 'set them up' on their beam-setter.

Failing that, try a breakers yard, but personally I would go for new units.

With reference to another post,check for the little arrows on your headlight,and if either has an arrow pointing both ways,it MAY not have to be changed.I have a Laguna like this,but have not tested the theory.It may be worth a visit to the garage if you have the double arrows,and then let us know if this theory is correct[;-)].Could save you half the cost.Good luck

Despite the Rover collapse, it is not a problem registering here in France.  All of their homologation records were transferred to the following company who are able to supply you with a type approval attestation:

ABP
254 Avenue du President Wilson
93210 ST DENIS

Tel./fax: 01 34 73 48 02
mobile: 06 72 61 61 25

Hi bixy.All I can suggest is to take it for it's CT,and point this out before commencing,and ,as in britain,he may be able to re-adjust if neccessary. I am sure it will be a lot cheaper than new headlights([:-))]€€€€€€).