Sky dish, do we need permission?

Hi there

I’m sure this must have been covered before but I haven’t had much luck finding anything through search.

Can anyone tell me if we need to get permission form the Mairie to put a satellite dish on the side of our house?  Our neighbours have 2 dishes on their house so I don’t think it will be a problem….

Thanks

Tina

If you live within line of sight of one of the Protected Ancient Batiments de France you may need it or you may be banned from installing one. Friends in Tremolat in the Dordogne are in this position. I would simply have a look at your neighbour's houses to check.

[quote]Hi Tina, You may already have done this, but have you had a look through the TV, Satellite, Internet, Telephone thread below to see if this question has been raised before? Best of luck, Loopy[/quote]

Not sure where Mansel has been installing but you need to know that is is always a good idea and certainly one of courtesy to ask at your local Marie. Fits in with the way the French do things and is certainly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your advice. On our next visit I’ll get the compass out to see exactly where the dish will need to go and if it’s going to be very noticeable form the road or our neighbours house we’ll go to the Mairie and fill out the forms.

Thanks

Tina

I had kept the original estate agents photo which showed a satellite dish previously installed on the house. Based on that, we didn't ask for permission and put our dish in the same place.

Emma