car or camion

sharkhunter

Hi all, i have downloaded the drire form to register my UK van in France but it only mentions cars in their other forms, estate,hatch etc. Question is, is it the same form or is there another form i have to use, thanks in advance of any and all replies, hugh.

The DRIRE only hold type approval records for cars.  Commercial vehicles are not subject to EU Whole Vehicle Type Approval therefore they don't come with an EU certificate of confomity, so you will need to obtain an attestation d'identité for your van from the French manufacturer/importer.

Car or Camion 

Neither, the French word for van is also fourgon, some people also class cars like the Berlingo as a fourgon...

Hi ron, your answer puzzles me slightly, i was not asking if it is camion or car or even fourgon but more to do with the registration of a UK registered van.Thanks anyway for your input.

Sunday driver, many thanks for your reply. Should i write to Citroen UK, they must have been original importers to UK, Hugh.

You can obtain an attestation d'identité from the French manufacturer.  They will need a copy of your V5C to correctly identify your vehicle and they will charge you around 120€.

CITROEN (attestation identification)

Immeuble Colise

12, rue Fructidor

75835 PARIS Cedex 17

Tel:  01.58.79.79.79

I don't know why my answer puzzles you Hugh, you entitled the thread car or camion.  I was pointing out that it was neither, so you might not be looking in the right place for the type approval, but it looks like it does not matter as SD has said you need type approval for a van anyway, good luck with deciphering what is required on the little plate.