Impots Locaux

I have just bought a house and now have the keys. In my letterbox shortly afterwards was a form as follows

Declaration Modele H1

Impots Locaux

Locaux d'habitation et a usage professionnel contructions nouvelles.

The previous owner of the house is now in the process of building a house next door. Unfortunately I didn't take too close a look at the envelope this came in but I think this form must be meant for her for her new build to assess the habitation.

Can anyone confirm that this likely to be the case and that I won't need to fill in a new form giving room dimensions for the habitation tax ?(Surely it just continues on from before but in my name ?)

Thanks in advance !

• 1 month later...
We bought a house 6 months ago and have just been sent an H1 form for the following purpose

Pour nous permettre d'assurer l'établissement correct de

l'évaluation cadastrale de ce bien, et ne pas commettre d'erreurs qui pourraient vous

être préjudiciable, j'ai l'honneur de vous inviter à nous faire connaître l'état actuel devotre propriété en remplissant la déclaration ci-jointe.

So not just for new builds then :-)

Anyone know where I can get a translation - technical french is very hard for us beginners !!

If you go on the internet and type in translations, you should get a few hits from sites offering FREE translation (it isn't perfect, but does give you an idea of what is being requested). Here is one I use http://ets.freetranslation.com/

The translation from this: Pour nous permettre d'assurer l'établissement correct de
l'évaluation cadastrale de ce bien, et ne pas commettre d'erreurs qui pourraient vous
être préjudiciable, j'ai l'honneur de vous inviter à nous faire connaître l'état actuel devotre propriété en remplissant la déclaration ci-jointe.

IS sort of:

To allow us to assure the correct establishment of the land evaluation of this good, and not to commit errors that you could be prejudicial, I have the honour to invite you to do us to know the current state devotr property while filling the here joined declaration. 

In a nut shell it is asking you to: Please fill in the joint declaration to allow them to correctly evaluate your property.

Thanks Euge

I do use on online translator for this stuff but some of it still doesn't make sense! For example there is no place on the form for a barn. You can have a garage, a cellar, a wine cave and attic, but no barn!!

I did, however contact the offices by email and was pleasantly surprised to be able to sort it all out in 3 goes on a Friday afternoon !