What do you make of this?

Wendy

Some of you will be familiar with my previous post 'Car totalled etc' so I thought I'd start something on this.[:)]

We have just received a renewal notice on that very car, the Suzuki Alto, from G*N, informing us that if we do not renew our insurance policy we will incur charges and they will take us to court.

And this is on a car that was wrecked back on May 23rd, 'written off' by an accessor, it's registration has been cancelled, and they are STILL processing our claim...the car no longer exists!.

Yet they want us to re-insure it.[blink]

We have since bought a new car. But we`are still waiting for our money from the Alto claim.

They can go suck an egg.[:P]

I'll never tell an Irish joke again while French bureaucracy exists!.

Had the same problem with A*F who sent threatening letters, got a summons for court despite each time I received anything I went and told them the situation & the insurance had been cancelled previously by me.

Eventually as I was going away for a few weeks on holiday I had my boss ring them (who was aware of the ongoing situation) and told them in no uncertain terms to sort it out with head office. Finally it all vanished.

I'm afraid you're going to have to go to the office & sort it out face to face, if that doesn't work, get tough with them!

[quote user="wen"]

Oh we are chilling alright. They will spend a fortune on postage before they realise their mistake.

Mythical French bureaucracy...? what planet do you live on!.[:-))]

[/quote]

It's planet sensible Wen.

Failing to address the problem with your insurance company will simply get you nowhere.

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="wen"]

Oh we are chilling alright. They will spend a fortune on postage before they realise their mistake.

Mythical French bureaucracy...? what planet do you live on!.[:-))]

[/quote]

It's planet sensible Wen.

Failing to address the problem with your insurance company will simply get you nowhere.

[/quote]

I agree with that. Why make life hard for yourself when all you have to do is talk to the insurance company and tell them that the car no longer exist? The insurance renewals department probably don't know the car has been destroyed in an accident. One phone call or letter could put them straight and save you having a mountain of paper coming thru your letterbox.

Wen, We all know your not happy with the situation but, You have to remember that car accidents are always pain to get sorted out - even in the UK. Do the sensible thing and make life easier for yourself.

Our last car was written off in an accident and we took it to the scrapyard.  I told the insurance agent who was insistent that we obtain a particular form from the scrapyard and let him have a copy. Which we did. Someone might know the name of this form as I can't remember. Sounds like this is what you need to obtain somehow, wen. The form confirms that the car no longer exists. Pat.

Patf thanks for that advice as that 'piece of paper' has not been offered to us yet. The scrapyard (garage) are being very dodgy at the moment especially as we have personal items still in that car and they disposed of it without notifying us first, even though we live three km's from them.

The insurance firm definately have our claim in hand as they keep offering us ridiculous amounts for the car in compensation and we have been contesting them since June. Funny, G*N have not mentioned this form yet. If we could put an end to this sordid drama we will do anything!.

Thanks for your help.

The last poster wrote - Our last car was written off in an accident and we took it to the scrapyard.  I told the insurance agent who was insistent that we obtain a particular form from the scrapyard and let him have a copy. Which we did.

Wen - why do you expect this paper to be 'offered' to you? The last poster said they were informed of its existence and went in search of it themselves. The personal items in the car, although an annoying addition to the problems you have had, are nothing to do with the renewal of your current insurance policy. That is a separate issue.

Have you actually been 'contesting ' the company since June via the proper channels, rather than just letting of steam on this forum?

You are so quick to respond to people you deem as helpful but consistently ignore those who take the time to reply to your posts with, perhaps, responses you just don't want to hear.

I repeat - have you actually cancelled your insurance policy with this company?

I fully expect to be ignored!

Jane

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]

You are so quick to respond to people you deem as helpful but consistently ignore those who take the time to reply to your posts with, perhaps, responses you just don't want to hear.

[/quote]

Oh so true J&D, oh so true.

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Jane and Danny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wen ,

you are so disgustingly thick.................................

.............I think I've fallen in love with you!

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Jane and Danny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wen ,

you are so disgustingly thick.................................

..........I think I fallen in love with you!

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Wen - adding to the confusion - garage is not the same as scrapyard. Businesses which break up cars for scrap are under "casses automobiles "in the pages jaunes. The prefecture has a list of approved firms who can take your car for scrap and there's a set of forms which apply. Pat.