Exporting ex Belgian car from UK

AnOther

I've found a LHD car in UK which I wish to buy and bring to France.

It's was originally bought and registered in Belgium but was brought to UK on export plates which have now expired so it is currently unregistered in either country.

The dealer who is selling it says he can register it in UK in his name then transfer it to me but that puts a second owner in the logbook for what is currently a one owner car plus it can take up to 2 weeks to do.

It seems a complete waste of time and effort to register it in UK only to immediately export it and re-register in France so anybody got any ideas as to what would be the simplest and cheapest way to go about it ?

Don't know about cheapest, ErnieY, but how about having it transported by a removal firm to your place in France?  I am not sure how you'd go about driving it to the CT place for its MOT.  When I had mine done, my OH was adamant that I shouldn't drive it at all.  In the end, he agreed I could drive it, with extreme care, to the CT station!

Or is your car too new to need CT?

Thanks but I don't even want to think about that, the likely cost would completely wipe out the advantage of buying this particular car and anyway, if it came to it, I'd borrow a trailer and do it myself !

I don't know the exact month of the original registration but it's an 03 so will be needing a CT now or if not one very soon.