Zebra Crossings

Just Katie

lol..you think it's hard to cross a road in France.. you should try Hong Kong.. Every road has traffic lights and you gotta cross where they are otherwise you run the risk of getting seriously squished. and don't even think of crossing as the lights start to turn to let the traffic go again.. If you do, run, and don't trip.

And in the Philippines, well, a right turn becomes a left turn, an exit becomes an entrance and a gap in the traffic big enough to get a moped through is big enough to drive a tank through. And if you do want to cross the road, try to use one of the walkovers that go over the road, just have to dodge the beggars, the pirate dvd sellers and those that are sleeping or feeding their kids.. and that's all hidden by the unmistakeable smell of urine..

vive la France

I was actually grateful a few weeks ago when with a party of schoolchildren (10/11 yr olds) in St Omer, I was explaining to them at the kerb of a zebra crossing that they must look LEFT  first, then right and that even though they were stood at the kerb they should not expect drivers to stop. Lo and behold at least three cars passed over the crossing without even slowing down as I spoke. It gave me a great deal of "cred" I can tell you and taught them a valuable lesson to boot![8-|]

[quote user="Proxima"]lol..you think it's hard to cross a road in France.. you should try Hong Kong.. Every road has traffic lights and you gotta cross where they are otherwise you run the risk of getting seriously squished. and don't even think of crossing as the lights start to turn to let the traffic go again.. If you do, run, and don't trip.

And in the Philippines, well, a right turn becomes a left turn, an exit becomes an entrance and a gap in the traffic big enough to get a moped through is big enough to drive a tank through. And if you do want to cross the road, try to use one of the walkovers that go over the road, just have to dodge the beggars, the pirate dvd sellers and those that are sleeping or feeding their kids.. and that's all hidden by the unmistakeable smell of urine..

vive la France

[/quote]

We lived in Hong Kong for four years and never had ANY problem crossing the road.......... usually because it was in a traffic jam from Hong Kong island, through Kowloon, and onto New Territories[:-))] Seriously we have known it to be stationary from the island through to Sha Tin![:@]