How to get an EU certificate of conformity

Kitty

I have also had a very good experience with eurococ.com recently. They only charged 50 euros for an Audi CoC, a lot less than Audi France would have asked, and I was very pleased to have personal service - they phoned me on my mobile to say the paperwork was in place and was being sent over. I must say I did have some initial doubts, as eurococ.com are based in Slovakia and you don't actually pay for your CoC until it arrives at their office, so it all seems a bit unorthodox at first glance, but in reality the whole process was very smooth.

[quote user="tristanspeed"]I have also had a very good experience with eurococ.com recently. They only charged 50 euros for an Audi CoC.[/quote]

How come these places are always cheaper for other people ? When I checked for mine .....result 189 euros. [8-)]

Yeah, good question, not sure really. They had a promo on Audi CoCs at the time, BMW ones were 100 euros. The paperwork was in German when it came - my car was first registered there - but the prefecture didn't seem bothered as all the figures, codes, weights and measures they needed were on there. It's a weird market, but seems to me that the manufacturers see it as a perfect opportunity to charge rather more than they should for a piece of paper telling you all about a vehicle you already own.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

...the C De C its been been part of car's handbook for all cars registered in the EU since 2000.

[/quote]I don't think this can be so.  I have a French-registered German car, first registered in 2007, and I haven't found a CoC in the handbook - in fact I don't see how there could be one, since a single edition of the handbook covers half a dozen different engine options.

I have asked on another forum whether, if you buy a used car from a dealer, there is supposed to be some version of the CoC included somewhere in the car's papers.  Nobody replied (obviously it's an inferior forum).  Does anyone here know?

I'm of the same opinion allan, apart from my current car, which originated in Belgium and was bought in UK with a CoC, I have never seen another one with any previous car in the UK.

I don't see why it would be incumbent on a dealer to provide one as a matter of course, nor would you need one if buying a second hand French car in France of course because all you would be doing is changing ownership, not re-registering.