Motor Insurance again

frexpt

Our son will be staying with us in France through the winter and has brought his (UK reg) car with him.  His present insuruer has told him that they will cover for up to 90 days.  He's probably going to be here longer than that, but other than Saga (he's too young for them) and the Stuart Collins AXA scheme, I am not aware of any other UK insurers that will cover extended stays.

I was wondering whether anyone knows of any other companies out there........?

Many thanks

Any UK insurance policy should cover him in France for the minimum level of cover required for any length of time, which is equivelant to Third Party Only.

The 90 day limits imposed by companies are only applicable to whatever level of cover he may have at home. ie if he is Fully Comp at home, he would be FC in France for 90 days and TP only beyond that.

If basic cover is ok for him, he need do nothing more, otherwise it may cost him to change to a different insurer mid policy who can offer higher cover for longer periods.

This has applied to every UK policy I have had, but obviously he should check the exact wording of his own policy to verify this.

[quote user="dave21478"]Any UK insurance policy should cover him in France for the minimum level of cover required for any length of time, which is equivelant to Third Party Only.
The 90 day limits imposed by companies are only applicable to whatever level of cover he may have at home. ie if he is Fully Comp at home, he would be FC in France for 90 days and TP only beyond that.

If basic cover is ok for him, he need do nothing more, otherwise it may cost him to change to a different insurer mid policy who can offer higher cover for longer periods.

This has applied to every UK policy I have had, but obviously he should check the exact wording of his own policy to verify this.

[/quote]

Understood, but we are looking to perpetuate FC cover and perhaps I should have made that clearer.  The M&S policy kindly suggested by PierreZFP only offers FC for 90 days, then Third Party after that.