Norauto, Carrefour, St Malo

Russethouse

We have just returned from a long weekend in Dinan. On the way to Portsmouth our car (Citroen Xzara Picasso) started making a odd knocking/missing noise if my OH slowed down after going at 60/70 mph and a little at lower speeds too. Although we were concerned we continued and had a good evening on the Bretagne, however when we disembarked in addition to other problems the exhaust was loose !

We thought we would make our way to Dinan and the Citroen dealership there, via Carrefour at the Centre St Madeleine, but as we entered  the Carrefour complex I spotted Norauto so we pulled in.

They were so helpful, luckily one of them spoke reasonable English as my French was pretty tested explaing the 'knocking' symptom, they ordered the exhaust and asked us to come back at 4.00pm, which we did.. They fixed the exhaust, changed the plugs and also noticed a belt (far right, accesible by removing front drivers side wheel)was pretty frayed and changed that too. after that,. no problems...

I can't thank them enough and would reccomend them ...hopefully not for break downs but other routine things too....they seemed so clean and efficient...

Nice to have something good to say for a change [:)]

Interesting, I was in a branch of Norauto today to see about getting two wheels balanced.

After being ignored by the guy on the desk for 3 or 4 minutes, he eventually told me they could maybe do them tomorrow. I glanced through the window to the fitting bay, containing 4 empty ramps and several "mechanics" standing around chatting, then walked out.

Strangely enough it isn't. It's part of the Motivia group which also owns Midas.

Probably the most significant thing about Motivia is that it is part owned by the little known Mulliez family, who apart from their holdings in Motivia are also behind Banque Accord, Décathlon, Leroy Merlin, Kiabi, Boulanger, Saint Maclou, 3 Suisses, Flunch, Alinéa, GrosBill, Pimkie……