Unusual Properties

suzi04

Has anyone come across any websites or estate agents which specifically deal with unusual or special properties? The house we're trying to sell is on a little island near Bordeaux so i think it falls into that category, and although we've found no end of websites, nothing really jumps out.

Thanks in advance

Suzi & Al

www.patiras.com  

Sorry I can't help with the name of a suitable website. I would imagine that your place would make an excellent feature in one of the magazines about France, the supplements in the British weekend papers or magazines such as Country Living.

Good luck and fingers crossed for a speedy and excellent sale.

Gill

I've seen magazines (in the big Leclercs with separate newspaper / magazine areas) almost 'glossy' magazines only advertising houses - what appear to be the more expensive, unusual properties. I think they're probably aimed at wealthier French househunters as opposed to the British looking for a bargain but I haven't tried to figure out who their readership is. I don't know whether this is a route that a) is right for the property or b) will delivery good quality enquiries, but it's another opportunity to consider. I think these magazines are quarterly or possible spring and autumn editions.