GPS/Radar

Gyn_Paul

I came in the other lunchtime and turned on TF1's  13 Heures to catch the last 15 seconds of an item they were carrying which was something about fixed radar speed cameras and GPS's.

Did anyone see it?  Was it just confirmation of the plan to remove the fixed radar notice boards + a reminder that radar detector devices are illegal, spiced up with a foot or so of library pictures,  or was it news of some new draconian measure making a GPS, which tells you were the fixed sites are, equally verboden (as in Switzerland) ?

It seems to me that removing the radar notification signs is confirmation that the fixed radars have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with making the roads safer; they are simply a revenue stream for the government.

p

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]

It seems to me that removing the radar notification signs is confirmation that the fixed radars have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with making the roads safer; they are simply a revenue stream for the government.

[/quote]

And what is wrong with making the criminals pay?

John

[quote user="Mr Ice-ni"]

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]

[/quote]

And what is wrong with making the criminals pay?

John

[/quote]

....nothing at all - in fact part of me applauds the cynical honesty of it - it's just that in so many countries radar speed traps are portrayed as being a road safety measure when it's patently not the case.