Parking near Paris

allanb

I want to go to Paris by car, but I won't need the car while I'm there, and I don't want to pay city-centre parking charges.  Does anyone know of any reasonably secure parking in the outskirts (preferably south or south-west) within reach of the RER or metro? 

There are many. prices are around around 120 - 140 euros/month.

Porte d'orleans parking is quite useful. Edge of city next to meteo. Tarifs here

http://www.saemes.fr/parking/Parking_porte-d-orleans_tarifs.php

and also for other car parks.

http://www.parkingsdeparis.com/reservation-voiture-carte.php

All long term tariffs give multiple entry/return and many use a "blip" device to go directly through barrier (usually a deposit is required)

[quote user="allanb"]I want to go to Paris by car, but I won't need the car while I'm there ... [/quote]

How about a one-way car hire to Paris ? When there check the car back in to the hirers, then the reverse on your return. Some hire firms will do this. I cannot remember which firms now but we looked into this when my DH needed to fly from Paris to Faro and back with too much luggage to be able to manage on the train.

Sue

When we drove up to Paris, we actually stayed in a hotel in Versailles which offered free enclosed parking as part of the deal - easy to get to, and easy to get into Paris on the RER; we bought a carnet of tickets (or it's possible to get tickets of variable durations) so it worked out cheaper for the travel into Paris.

Admittedly it's about 20 mins on the train but for the three/four days we were there we though it was worth the stress-free part of not trying to drive in/around Paris itself, plus we spent a day in Versailles anyway.

May not suit what you're doing but it's a thought

Lou

"it's just around the corner from the british school so it's quite safe."

I don't know the area you're talking about at all, but your comment makes it sound like the reason it's safe is because of the British school !! I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that Brits = safe, French = dodgy, did you?[;-)]