UK Car/Caravan registration

nigt

I have previously registered a UK car here in France so am OK with the rules. My question however is regarding my UK caravan. If I change my car to French plates will I need to register my caravan in France? I guess I can't use my van with the same reg as the car so will need to obtain a carte gris for the caravan. Any ideas of the cost?

Thanks

Unless it's under 500kg gross then yes, you will have to register it. Think of the process as much the same as for a car but without a CT. Not sure about a quittus fiscale though.

You absolutely right, you cannot just put your French car registration on it. Apart from anything else you need insurance for it under it's own number.

Cost really depends on what it is, how old it is, and what you have to do to it to get a CoC for it - plus the French factor of course. Some have said it was easy some gave up so there are no guarantees.

Bonne chance !

Cost and hassle factor will depend, to a great extent, on the age of your caravan.

I have recently registered a Bailey Unicorn Valencia, it's 2011 model so came with internals that conform to French norms. It still took 6 months to register though. Not all of that time due to French paperwork though.

French costs were not bad, probably in the region of Euro 130 ish. Insurance was a whole different matter.