Arbres Inclinés

Alex H

[quote user="DerekJ"]If you have a high sided vehicle you might.[/quote]

Well if you can't see whats at the side of the road, perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all?

EDIT - maybe it's a long winded way of saying there may be high sided vehicles coming the other way in the centre of the road? [8-)]

[quote user="Alex H"]Well if you can't see what's at the side of the road, perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all?[/quote]

Interesting point.  You could say the same about many other warning signs, like "virage" (if you can't see that there's a bend in the road, perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all?)

I'm not entirely joking here.  I sometimes wonder whether too many warning signs make people dependent on warning signs.

You have all got this wrong. It is French subtlety; incliné means prédisposé would be translated as predisposed or inclined, perhaps even obliging, but to what? A little climbing, perhaps whomping, or perhaps hiding nefarious activities. Which brings us to the trees of the Bois de Boulogne that have seen to much and said so little - are they inclined or predisposed? Do they themselves indulge or are they voyeurs? Now, there is the truth - these trees are inviting you to stop and satisfy that itch so that they can watch and who knows, perhaps bend over and embrace the act. Remember that banana trees do walk, so you could find yourself embraced by a banana tree which would put its many fingered hand Bobo knows where. And, believe me, if you have ever been obliged by a banana tree, you will never be the same.

So, beware you simple folk, of trees which are inclined to oblige, for they may yet surprise you. Never camp under them, never doze, for they have ways we do not understand! Drive past, do not listen to their beguiling ways, begone, get ye to your homestead and bar the doors and windows lest the trees have followed you.

Not a drop has passed my lips - yet![6]

A little Potter, Tolkein and thoughts of the Scottish play, plus online dictionaries and Wiki - banana trees really do move you know, check it out. Oh and a strange little book that Norman used to sell outside his barrel called 'Good Rides in the Bois de Boulogne', which he wrote himself apparently!!!