What is D.E.T.E.

Laurier

Hi

Can someone elighten me as to what "D.E.T.E." stands for please. I have tried to find it and work it out, even asked a couple of French people. It is something to do with the Roads Department which is in charge of the 'route principale' as we had to contact them to try and sort out a problem of the exit from the house driveway.

I should have asked at the Mairie when they referred the problem ... but didn't ... now it's bugging me.

Thanks

Laurier

I'm not aware of anything with those initials; could you have misheard? DDE perhaps (Directions Départementales de l'Équipement), they're responsible for the roads amongst other things hereabouts. Or DDT (Direction départementale des territoires )  ??

Thanks Sid. The Maire actually wrote it on a post-it for me with the lady's name to speak to. In my mind I had already worked out it must be 'departement ......' so was going to work it out later. We even went to the 'Council yard' where all the road trucks were in order to leave a message for the lady. I'm beginning to wonder if he actually wrote it down wrong (!) because the yard did have all sorts of "equipment", i.e. road signs.

Once the snow is completely 'over', I will go back and ask!

Laurier