Importing a Car & Form RT101.2

tasng4

We are starting the process to import our Japanese built uk registered Suzuki SJ413. We wrote to Suzuki France who said we need to pay then 76€ for a certificate of non-conformity. We sent the cheque and they sent ONLY a letter saying it doesn't conform as French cars were made in Spain and ours was made in Japan.

We've spoken to the DREAL/DRIRE who asked us to complete form RT101.2 (tech details of the car).

Has anyone completed form RT101.2 without knowledge of the technical details of their car?

Thanks for the advice!! Actually we did this 5 years ago and it was relatively straight forward. The problem now is that Suzuki aren't passing on the technical info. In fact we paid £1000 for the car and a comparable French one would cost 3500€ so it will be worth it once we've jumped through the required hoops.

I agree but it's not the value once registered it's the fact that I can buy a UK one for £1000 and spend £500 importing and registering or I can buy a French one for double.

In fact the last one we bought cost us 1500€ imported 5 years ago and we recently sold it for 1400€ so in the long term it is worth it.