I should have known.

Gastines

Knowing how Gordon Brown.P.M. seems to deal with financial problems,ours not his, I should have known that the best investment was shares in De la Rue. They went up 32p today,obvious that they were going to be busy , probably the only business in the UK that is ,as they PRINT money.

Regards.

Yes it is true money doesn't grow on trees it come out of printing machines.

It's incredible how De la Rue always get the contract to print money in UK.

What's even more annoying the paper is German. Perhaps you could get shares in the manufacturer.

UK notes are overspecced and overpriced - nice little cartel. Much better and cheaper substrate technology is available.

I understand that DLR also prints euro notes for Lithuania, Portugal, the Netherlands and Ireland.

Interesting to note that the serial number prefix letter A has been allocated to euro notes which may one day be issued in Britain (assuming this ever happens).

Incidentally, euro notes produced for France carry the prefix U, those for Germany X, etc.

Brian (again)

« la bière c’est de l’amitié liquide » - Ronny Coutteure

I was thinking of applying for a job in the Royal Mint cleaning team.I remember watching the TV show ,I believe it was called, "Dirty Money". I wonder what extra security procedures were put in place after the showing or knowing UK, perhaps the Committee is still discussing?

Does DLA print Mugabe's money,if so have they run out of "0's" yet and who is paying them?

Regards.