are they having me on?

mint

I just want some bog standard white sticky labels to put on boxes of food for the freezer, jam jars and plastic containers for organising bits and bobs.

I took a stab at what they would be called in French and I used étiquettes autocolantes in the search engine.

Couldn't believe how much they cost!  Well, I can actually as I think I bought a small roll once for over 5 euros.

Just for a reality check, I looked on Amazon UK and I could buy 2 rolls of 250 labels each with free postage to the UK but, alas, not deliverable in France.

Anyone bought some no-great-shakes sticky labels for the pittance which is all they are worth?  If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks, id, yes I did look there but could only see VERY pricey bloody labels.

But, I looked again via your link and have got some now for a reasonable price and the postage was only 2 cents.

Sometimes I get tired of looking around!

Often the problem with searching on Amazon.fr is not knowing the correct name of the article in French and even if you do the seller might have used a Google translation.

Here is a tip, if you find what you want on Amazon.uk and they dont deliver to France or its expensive then cut and paste the amazon reference number (it will be there somewhere) then search for that on the French site and you will often find the same seller selling it cheaper and/or with free or cheaper delivery; it works the other way as well, I do it systematically now, you would be amazed at some of the savings.