Mrs Mop

Michellea

Hi can anyone help
I have my TDS (FOR WHAT ITS WORTH)though it does say sans profession. I have been offered a few jobs as a cleaner for private prpoerties,will I need to go back to the prefecture to ask them to update my TDS or will my employers have to arrange this for me. I dont want to work "on the Black"as I would like to get references to build up my "mopping" empire" but where do I start.

Thanks
Michelle a.k.a Hilda Ogden

I would get your TdeS changed to allow you to work never the less. I know they are not obligitory any more, but if you have one, my feeling is that it should be right concerning this. Ask them to get it changed via your Mairie.

If you don't want to open a business properly then cheque emploi will be the way to go. Legally working, but I think that you are only supposed to do so many hours per week under this system, and certainly no empire building.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am registered here as a cleaner amongst other things. In fact "Nettoyage de locaux". this allows us to clean other peoples holiday homes or do turnrounds ect. We are set up as a microenterprise & registered with chambre de metiers & chambre de commerce. We do have full 10 year TDS which happened automatically when we registered the business. The huge downside is the fact that my owners have to pay my rates which are much higher than someone cleaning on the black but the upside is we are fully in the system paying our dues ect. For the owners if they are declaring their rental income then any monies paid to me are tax deductable for them as they have my siret number.
It was hard to set up initially the usual different answers to he same questions ect but eventually we sorted it. I had to sit a 6 day stage & of course pay to register.
I also howevr discovered that you can be registered as a "femme de menage" through your local URSAAF office on much lower rates of contributions but this is not very flexible.
Anyway in the ned al things ae possible it just takes some sifting through!!
Good luck
Toni