Lorry & Bus Drivers Licence

Hosemaster

I too have all classes on my licence and been using them for nearly 20years,just a thought can you speak french and make an employer understand you?otherwise forget getting a job in france,there,s alot more to getting a driving job in france try a search on this forum and you will see.

• 3 weeks later...
My Husband has a bus driving license but only for semi automatic and automatic transmission.
He was told by the prefecture that he could use it here in France , but when we changed his license to a French one it came back without his category D or the category that allows you to drive lorries up to 7.5 tonnnes.
When we queried this,again with the prefecture they said that those categories didn't exist,ie the permis D is for manual vehicules and he would have to take the test all over again.At more than 3,000 euros he won't be bothering,also a friend of ours that has h.g.v 1 was told that he would also need FIMO and FICOS certificates before they would consider employing him as a driver.
I wish you luck but it is not easy here,my husband was promised work by a local coach company but we cannot afford the cost of the test,plus,he has no written French knowledge,so that is out.