Working from Home

Glenn

I've read somewhere that yet another tax is charged when you work from home on the space you set aside for your 'office'. Whilst sounding completely unreasonable, i'm assuming its correct. Does anyone know how much it would be if i set a room(say 10m2) aside for this? Or is there a website where the charges could be calculated? Any more info would be appreciated.

We work from home and don't forget you can offset as business expenses the pro-rata of electricity, water etc. Also, the tax professionnel can be reduced by applying for a 'degrevement', which means you only pay on your real earnings. This can reduce the bill substantially, in our experience anyway.
Good Luck.
Laine

I seem to recall that when I registered in France I got a form from the local tax office asking for details of business premises and/or area of house used for business. I filled it in and never heard any more though.

Will (50)
Forum moderator

This is quite interesting because last year when I registered with URSSAF for working for a company in London, via the internet from home I got bills from anyone and everyone you can think of but no one once mentioned the fact that I was working at home!!

Coco