Working As A Nurse

Kiwi House

What about your language skills in French,you would have to be very fluent and proficient in writing to work I would have thought or else you can't deal with patients and doctors easily. Best solution is to ask at the French Consulate/Chamber of Commerce etc in London for details and contacts etc.

Hi are you a registered nurse ?

Qualifications should be recognised. As an RGN my diploma was recognised and all I had to do was register with the DHASS (spelling?). some of the big nursing agencies used to recruit for france but not sure if they still are. I went with medic international the first time, the second time I went over on my own and found a job within a few weeks(this was sometime ago). Paediatric nurses are also employed in the nurseries in france and many of the directors or asssistant directors I met had a paeds qualification.

There are alos many french nursing agencies that you could ask about employment prospects eg Appel Medical< I would do a search on google to find them. However as Val says you do need good French. Even when I thought I was fluent, I found it quite hard going at times.

good luck Joan