Specific Nursing Work

Red Devil

Hi

My wife is currently looking for suitable nursing working within the Auvergne region (hopefully around Clermont-Ferrand area 63). She is a haemodialysis nurse (kidney failure) and has applied directly to all the local hospitals/units within the area in which we hope to move to (La Bourboule/Le Mont-Dore) but had no replies/success.

We were wondering if any UK nurses have gone through the same process and been successful in finding suitable work. If so, is there a main contact in France to go through, maybe similar to the UK's 'Royal College of Nursing'.

Any information in finding specific nursing work will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I am a Haemodialysis Nurse living in Brittany. At the moment I am going through the process of trying to register as a general nurse in France in order to work.

Firstly I got my qualifications translated by a "sworn translator" (necessary for showing to prospective employers)

Now I am waiting for a form I need from the NMC  (in England) which is an "attestation" to confirm my qualifications, training and education conform with the EU nursing directives.

Then with all these documents to hand I should be able to go to DDASS (French equivalent to Ministry of Health ) to register.

Following registration you need to have your CV in French, and if you apply for an actual job, a letter of application hand written.

In the beginning I wrote to 4 hospitals which did Haemo, in my area and only received one reply.

Apparently they will not be interested in you until all these  formalities are sorted. Not sure if you have already done all the paperwork!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Ann33