just fishin....

Jks

Just testing the water really and wondering whether those who have businessess in France or are planning to set ones up would ever consider the "benefits" of employing an english speaking press/public relations officer/ journalist? Recognise there may be advantages, but also wonder what the general view is towards employing someone who is "qualified" for the above - is it an advantage or would it be regarded as an "additional extra"!? Having worked as both a journalist and press officer, I would value all opinions - however negative! Cheers

JKS

Hi

I helped a few rural businesses in France with PR/sales advice and whilst it all went smoothly, there really wasn't enough to do.

If you are looking to set up in France I'd look at starting your own blog-style website and write about the area, interview people and offer advice and tips on life in France - then run/sell advertising around it.

Looking to pitch story ideas to magazines etc. is very tough as most editors seem to already know someone who has headed out.

If you want to discuss further just fire away.

Regards

Craig

http://www.thisfrenchlife.com/