Registering as self employed

windowman

I want to set the wheels in motion to be registered to work in France - legally. However having looked thro' many web forums I feel a little like the phrase 'can't see the wood for the trees'.  Can anyone recommend a source of info that explains in simple terms what the process is, from start to finish?  Areas that are confsuing me include: do I have to register to do just 1 thing, when I have opportunities to get involved in many types of work.  Does it matter that I don't have experience in the areas I may be working in? Where do I find a decent accountant, or do I have to do it all myself?  Can my wife register with me in the company, yet be earning money doing something else?  The questions go on & on.  I'm just looking for some kind of resource to let me find out what I need to do.  There is work out there waiting for us to do, but we need to get registered.

Any info is gratefully received 

Why don't you give a bit of a clue as to what these types of work are? Some things require previous experience with qualifications or some kind of other proof of ability, some things don't. In some cases your wife can be a conjoint, in some cases you don't need an accountant etc.etc.

Chris