De-registering..procedure...

Ty Korrigan

Hello all,

Time has come to visit the Centre de Formalites in order to de-register my entreprise.

Not through lack of work I may add, as this year has been very good for me but due to my French girlfriend and I  wanting to see more of the world before we settle down.

I am very happy and excited at the thought of a future together and all the oppourtunities that are open to us.

After we have traveled we hope to return to France where I shall start up an entreprise again though in another area better located for both of our proffessions.

I have 'gifted' my entire client base minus a few out lying/bad/slow paying clients to another Brit familly locally in order to give them the best possible start to their new business and my last trading day I hope to make in late August.

So there you have it...

Now, my question for the honourable members of the forum is this...

What will I need to take with me in order to de-register...?

Do I hand over my spade and pick off the phone number on the side of the van...?

Or will they want me to show them all my factures and bank statements...?

Any info would be welcome

Regards

Ty

You just write a letter to annul your registration to MSA and Chambre de Commerce. They send you back a form to complete, then send you official deregistration document. You are still covered by the MSA insurance/carte vitale for the following 12 months.

Then you get billed for the next quarter's cotisations!!!

Hate to say this Ty, but you'll have to pay cotisations to the MSA for the entire year (as they told me, you should consult with them when the best time is to deregister (!) - it's actually 31st December).

Then depending on your income from the business in previous years, you will still have to pay for 2005, then 2006!!

It's a never ending nightmare! Do a runner Ty!! Good luck.

Thanks Zeb,

One thing that has annoyed me for ages here is the fact that if I had a gite I could have registered that as my primary concern and gardening as secondary which ment that I could take advantage of the 72% allowance instead of the 40% I currently have...

Here I am up against several other gardeners who charge 15 euros per hour against my 26 euros (advised by the M.S.A)

None are registered with the M.S.A but as Gites/Chambre D'otes owners and have the gardening as a secondary occupation.

And thus take advantage of the enormous difference in tax allowance for working the same occupaton.

I am not attacking these people but just want to highlight the inequallity of the French system....

Is a level playing field too much to ask...?

In this example the business cost are just 20cents in the euro.

1 euro minus 72% allowance = 28 cents minus 48% social charges = 13.5 cents giving you 14.5 cents in the pocket plus what you have spent 20 cents say,  which leaves 52 cents + 14.5 cents = 66.5 cents in your pocket.

Against 1 euro minus 40% allowance = 60 cents minus 48% social charges = 28.8 social charges giving you 31.2 cents in the pocket plus say you spend only 20cents of your allowance leaves you with 51.2 cents...

Am I dreaming? or have I really got my maths wrong here...

Ty

P.S...

If I was good at maths I wouldn't be a gardener...eh?