Help please - job agencies

SS2002

Hello

We are moving out to France and I desperately need to find a job as my husband is also looking for a new post as his team has been disbanded.

So, could anyone help with the numbers of any agencies in dept 17, around Mirambeau though I am willing to travel!

Also, can you get ASSEDIC job adverts through the internet does anyone know?

Many thanks!

Sandra

Hello

Is there a website anywhere that lists job agencies throughout France, please?

The hope is that I will get a job before we move permanently to France so that we have some money coming in.  I am willing to do anything and believe that temp work is probably the best bet to start with.

Many thanks!

Sandra

Hi Sandra

You don't say what type of work your looking for or what your language skills are but if it's of any help to you my OH has been working  for temping agencies, as permanent work here is hard to come by. Providing he kept in regular contact with the agencies he had no trouble finding work and he only speaks basic French. If you do go down this route check out some of the following agencies - Adia, Manpower, Adeco

Most of the temp work is unskilled, factories, fruit picking, labouring,  however they like to see some sort of experience on your c.v. If it's general work you're after then make sure your c.v. reflects that.  ie. be careful not to be overskilled!

Good Luck

Lynpy