where to begin?

mogs

Can anyone help with this query please?

If we were thinking of buying some land to put a few, say 4 mobile homes on, and would use the rental of these as an income, what would the regulations be?   As B & B's seem to get away with not actually registering as a company, would this idea also be the same?  

We would declare our annual income for tax/social security purposes but are only intending to keep it small, just enough to earn a living to get by on (at least at first).

If anyone has done this, or bought a campsite and can help, any advice greatly appreciated.

Mog, you only 'get away with' not registering if the activity you're not registering isn't your main source of income, if that makes sense!  If the mobile homes are to be your only source of income, you can either register or break the law.

I think that's right anyway.  I'm in a similar situation to you at the moment, and I'll be registering next week.

There are s trict rules about siting mobiles for rental use. You MUST enquire at the local mairie because this is not allowed in many cases and a lot depends on your site, neighbours, access for emergency vehicles and customers, drainage and noise as well as the business registration side of things. Much of the land in France is protected against such installations especially in agricultural and coastal regions.

Many thanks for the useful info, looks like a trip to the Mairie is necessary.

Just to get things straight, be assured we don't want to do things illegally - that's why we are asking the questions, so we know.