Am I allowed to do a charity gig?

Phillippe

Liberte, egalite, fraternite.. OK? Wot else is there?

As long as you do these enly wence, the petrol is not a prerequisite to your engagemnet.. viz.. RSL might take you on his donkey..  & you were going there anyway, and as long as you do not play anything too loud to disturb  a close friend of a tax inspector and/or make a CD for sale later, or  by  Cliff or Max Bygraves.... you should be OK. ;o)

Wait a minute.. is this a tanker-load  being offered?

In that case, I would advise caution.

But I am sure this forum would allow a link to some of your  online music and or videos, n'est pas?

What sort of music do you play?

Me, myself,  am a great fan of Alain Stivel... L"Harpe Celtique.

Thanks David- You were up early this morning[:D]. What is worrying me is that I might like being in the limelight again and should this association ask me to do a regular charity do ( no money involved except say 20 euro's for fuel) I want to know that I can say , yes. On the other hand they might offer me 20 Euro,s never to come back [:-))] Reading between the comments is -except the cash for the fuel and say nowt about it.[Www] Thanks everyone.

Just one golden rule to remember, Philippe. On the one hand, there is what you should do "normalement", "legalement", etc... And on the other hand, there is .....what happens in practice. France is notorious for working with 2 different hands, each of which studiously ignores what the other one is doing.

The trick is to be able to suss out where you have to stick with the theory, and where you can, and are expected to, just dismiss it and get on with doing your own thing.