Starting a buisness near Aubusson

orbit

My wife and I are hoping to move to the Aubusson area soon , and I am looking to set up as a satellite installer ( A job I have been doing for 20 years or more)I am also a fully C+G qualified TV Repair technician ,  I realise I am not going to make a fortune but a reply to my post on another forum  has worried me somewhat ,  the reply was

"The other Creuse business people out there would know better than me, but also wouldn't you have to satisfy the chambre de metiers that there was a call for your business? They might be protective of the existing two installers if there isn't much work to go round? Starting a business in France is a minefield. Maybe the others could comment on this."

I was under the impression that an eu national could set up a micro enterprise without a problem, it may work or fail but the CMA could not reject it  as there were others already doing it . 

any comments greatfully received 

Unless the rules have changed since I done the business start up course in Limoges which I doubt as I know the guy who runs the course well. You will be able to start your business without any trouble. You will easily be able to prove to the chambre d'metiers that you are experienced in what you propose to do. You are entitled to compete with other people in the same line of work as you are whether they like it or not. That is competion, and competition is a good thing as it keeps standards high and prices competative.

You will have to attend the business start up course in any case and you should be able to do it in Limoges in English even though you live in Creuse and the course is in Haute Vienne as I did and I live in Creuse.

The trouble with these forums is there are an increasing number of poeple who give their opinion rather than fact. My rule of thumb is if you don't know don't post.

It is certainly not the Chambres de Metiers job to assess the viability of any businees you wish to set up. They will want to know that you are qualified either with a specific qualification or experience but other than that as long as you register under one regime or another you are free to do as you wish.

I agree with XLeblanc that there is a lot of rubbish posted on these forums by people who try very hard to sound like they know what they are talking about!

Just a quick note - The departments mentioned all come under the Limousin banner so there is no problem departmentally attending the course in limoges.  They will take anyone from any region if there are spare places to fill (one of the few places that do the course in english)  we live just over the border from the limousin in centre region and our friends have had to wait until spare places are available.

good luck to you all with your ventures.  Its hard getting things done here, but if you can stand the strain its worth it!

http://stores.ebay.fr/catalytiquescom