Registering for work

chocccie

If this has been discussed before (and I'm sure it has!), could somebody point me in the right direction as my searches haven't been useful.

Next year I'll be doing a bit of work here and there, just part time.  This will consist of labouring, painting etc, gardening.  Am I required to register for each of these areas separately, or do I just register once and declare all of my earnings lumped together?  Can my wife and I register together, or will we need to do so separately?

Many thanks

How much better off would someone be on this scheme though?  Is it 23% of total earnings with no abatement, if so it would not have benefited me I don't think except for the first year when I did not reach full.earnings.  I guess it makes working out how much you would need to pay simpler though..

Just looked a the forum on the link provided and there are a few asking can they close their micro on 31/12 and reopen as an auto 1/01,  reading the answers no one seems sure although one person puts forward that it is prohibited.  Interestingly though one person who wants to change says she currently pays 24.6% plus tax and wants the new regime as it's 23% including tax, not worth the bother for me I don't think.

And the legislation has yet to be finalised. Plus, it does not take an accountant to work out just how little difference this scheme will make.

Until France adopts the UK (+ ROW) system of post-earning taxation at sensible rates there will be no opportuities for legal part-time self-employed people in this country.