Qualifying for a Metier?

Chris

My grand plan for early retirement involves setting up a small nursery under the auto-entrepreneur system. I now discover that horticulture is a 'metier', for which I must register, on the standard 'metier' basis of either a qualification or three years experience in that work as a primary or secondary occupation.

Qualifications are one thing (haven't got any!), but my big question is this - does the three years experience have to be the three years immediately prior to registration, or is it that you have been involved in that activity for three years at some point in your working life? I have experience in horticulture, but that hasn't been my area of work for the last few years. Would my previous experience qualify?  

Any experience out there, please?

Chris

As Nick says, ask the appriate chambre, as they all differ. However, if registering at the moment as AE, some Chambres are just asking you to sign a form, saying that you have the qualifications/experience and you are aware of the penalties for working unqualified.

Getting insurance however, does involve showing all your qualifications and attestations de travail!

Good luck, if it's what you want to do, you'll find the best way.