Siret number sites

Tony F Dordogne

Thanks Maricopa, it was indeed the site and have saced it to favourites.

Just used it to prove that a local Brit woman who is ripping off people she only ever employs on the black - she employs them, picks a row then refuses to pay them - is using the Siren number of a company that she used to own but which she closed down last year for her new enterprise that the local Marie has already warned her about because that's illegal and unregistered already.

Time to make some phone calls I think, if for no other reason to stop people complaining to me about her because I'm one of the few local Brit councillors!

Tony, although I share your concern, do go cautiously. The information on those sites is not always up to date or complete. People can revive old company registrations, or they can expand the activities to include things that do not show up on those sites. Before taking things any further I would advise doing a full, paid-for check on one of the official sites rather than rely solely on the free information.

I just love this forum, I have learned so much about living in France, I only registered to begin with as I was trying to find the whereabouts of a dodgy English plumber, but I find I'm hooked on the conversations..

And now I find that I can trace said Plumber through a Siret checking web page.. I have now done that and I am closer to finding him! Now I need to know how to contact the local Police station...

On a completely different subject, I noticed on one of the postings someone said that there are more English people returning to the UK than moving to France from the UK...

Can anyone tell me why? I always thought it would be a lovely place to live... Unfortunately I doubt I will ever be in a position to even consider it!

Dawn