Earning more than you are allowed under Micro BNC

HoneySuckleDreams

Hi

Does anyone know what happens if you earn more than the BNC limit? Which i think is 33k this year? I've got the possibilty of another contract for the rest of the year and it would take me over the limit for the BNC. Do things happen automatically? or do i have to register under different regime.

This may not happen next year so it might make things more difficult for me if I have to unregister BNC and re-register as something else and then revert back next year

Your limit this year is probably 32,000 € not 33,000 - but check your

tax papers, you should have receieved a paper earlier this year setting

out the limits

In the http://www.impots.gouv.fr website, use the search facility via 'particuliers', then 'recherche détaillée'. Type in 'micro bnc limites'. Two documents come up, read the first one entitled 'TVA : les régimes d'imposition - 3 mars 2005', the part under the heading 'La franchise en base de TVA'

If your limit is 32,000 this year,  it seems you could go over and stay in the micro régime, but up to only 34,000 €. Mind you RSI will probably want oodles more off you next year!!!

If in doubt, ask your impôts office, important tax decisons shouldn't be taken on the basis of web forum replies.