Autoentrepreneur & CPAM

Fiona

Hi, I am currently covered for healthcare by my E106 and have my carte vitale issued by CPAM.  However, I have just created a little website which I hope will generate some business and want to register as an Autoentrepreneur.  However, it seems I have to change caisse when I do this to another provider.  But - if CPAM is the provider for an E106 does this mean my E106 will no longer be valid, and if I don't make any money - and therefore have no cottisations to pay - with this business venture, will I then in theory not be covered by anyone???

thanks

Fiona

Further to the discussions on the other topic, I should point out that unless you have a 'workers' E106 (issued to those who move to one EU state but continue to work and pay social security contributions in another and meet certain eligibility conditions) then your 'normal' E106 will become invalid as soon as you start any sort of work in France.

The question of whether the autoentrepreneur regime will impose any minimum level of cotisations before you qualify for health cover is still unanswered, so you may like to postpone or re-think your plan.