autoentrepeneur for chambre d'hote

connolls

Hi, We are hoping to return to france early next year and register with AE for the business of our chambre d'hote.

We don't anticipate a huge income but wonder what percentage of our earnings will be deducted for taxes and health and social charges. Is there a "set amount" that we could work on ? We don't want to get a huge bill at the end of tax year if things aren't filled out properly and would also be a useful bit of info to work on what we would be left with.

I apologise if this has been covered before.

P.S. We are a couple in a civil partnership so will we both be covered by our contributions to the health and social charges system.

I know a very long question............but thought i'd get them all in one go.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Happy Christmas to all !!!!

Best wishes Mel.

Have a good read through this:

http://www.pbss-uk.com/AEGuide_March2009_EN.pdf

It's a professional translation of the official government AE guide.

Basically you pay a fixed percentage of your turnover (i.e. all the money yopu receive from customers) without deducting any real expenses. The AE contribution rates are already adjusted to allow a standard level of business expenses so if your running costs are lower then you're quids in.

I think for CdH you get hit for about 13% of turnover to cover both tax and cotisations.

You declare your actual turnover every three months (monthly is an option) so you don't get hit for cotisations on money you haven't earned.

By the way, I'm not sure of the current French policy on recognising non-French civil partnerships for tax and social security purposes. It's probably worth checking up although I've read that it may be changing soon

Thank you very much for that Albert the IG

Just been having a good look through it and the information is really useful.

I will check out about the "joint" entitlement to health and social benefits for both of us, but I am presuming they are now the same as a "married couple" as France updated their laws in may of this year to recognise UK civil partners into French law.

Thanks once again.

Mel.