Auto Entrepreneur and the new tax Professionelle

dogginut

We started off with a micro entreprise in 2005. At the start of 2009 we applied (and were granted) to be transferred to AE system. Not knowing at the time we could claim exemption from the Tax Professionelle for 2 yrs, we paid it last year and have just paid it this year under the new regime. It now appears that anyone under the new AE system is now exempt from this Tax. As the deadline for payment has passed (and we have paid it) are we entitled to reclaim this?

We ask because as we were micro before - perhaps we would not be entitled. Another problem is that RSI and URSSAF have not told the tax people we are AE although, (after 2 yrs) they have promised to do so.

Tough one, can anyone advise?

Barney

As I understand it, but can't cite a source, someone transferring to Micro Social from another regime gets the same deal as a new AE; I heard an URSSAF adviser explaining this to someone recently. However the rules are changing (probably with effect from new year) so that anyone converting who is already in same line of business (e.g. cleaner) doesn't get the benefit. This is extended to meaning that even if your partner or child has been working as a cleanr you can't get the free year(s) if you register as an AE cleaner. This may mean that even if you should have got out of paying the Taxe Pro / CFE they might say that you're caught by the rule change.

I'll try to find the official statement on this, but don't hold your breath.

• 3 weeks later...
This is what I have been told by the DGFIP today.

An auto entrepreneur who begins his/her activity in 2011 has exoneration of contribution foncière des entreprises ( taxe professionnelle before ) for 2011, 2012 and 2013.

You begin to pay this tax in 2014

But the Parlement has voted a tax for formation of auto entrepreneur, further info on that to follow!!

[quote user="Lollie"]

But the Parlement has voted a tax for formation of auto entrepreneur, further info on that to follow!![/quote]

Hi Lollie - could you clarify please, is this 'formation' as in the French sense meaning professional training, or 'formation' as in the English sense of forming/setting up a business?