Our front door.

Bobo

We (or rather him indoors) are hoping to repaint our front door when we go over at Easter. At the moment it is white. Can we change the colour or are there restrictions about this? We are in a little hamlet and not in sight of any historical monuments.

On another topic-I have read with interest Vals comments regarding window installation. We have filled in a 'declaration de travail' for our 2 Velux. Our builder(English) says that if we have heard nothing after 2 months we can go ahead anyway. Is that right? Many thanks for any advice.

Never heard of an area with restrictions on colours of paint. What is permissible does vary enormously even between neighbouring communes... I'd just get on with it but mentioning your plans to the Mairie will give you a definitive answer.
Believe correct about declaration.

can someone please firm up for us on the question of velux windows. We currently have two in an newer part of the house. However we are having the attic converted and the window supplier (his showroom is opposite the Mairie!!) says we do not have to have approval from the Mairie. We live in an isolated area with the nearest house being say two miles away. Obviously we are not overlooked and do not overlook anyone. The current veluxs were carried out by the same supplier?

please help for the work starts next week!

>
>On another topic-I have read with
>interest Vals comments regarding window
>installation. We have filled in
>a 'declaration de travail' for
>our 2 Velux. Our builder(English)
>says that if we have
>heard nothing after 2 months
>we can go ahead anyway.
>Is that right?

True, as long as you have received the ackowledgement of receipt of the application which is usually within a week of handing ith declaration into the Mairie. This letter states that if you hear no more you can start work on a specified date.

Regards

Charles