watch out

Paul Gandy

I heard through a friend that a lady a few miles away had sold a barn and that there was some old beams in the barn. After a long chat with this lady we agreed a price for the beams. She told me during this chat that the barn was now sold and that the man had been to test for aspestos ( I can never spell that ) and termites etc as part of the sale like we all had didnt we....
Anyway I got the beams home and as i was unloading them I noticed a crack in one so I cut it only to find that it was infested to the hilt with termites... 9 days after the inspector had been... Whose not doing their job properly then????
Fortunately for me I was unloading the beams away from my buildings and right near a blazing bonfire we had burning. So I grabed a jar took some samples to get my money back and sent the termites straight to heaven....cremation seemed appropriate.

So... whose had a termite inspection lately... Rest assured..it means bugger all.

Sorry....phil

She wouldn't tell you that the inspection had found that the place was riddled with termites as she wanted you to buy the beams.
The first thing you do when you find your house is infested with termites is strip out all the infested timber and burn it, or if you are really clever, you sell it to someone else - did you get your money back?

Regards

Charles

I have to say we knew the lady and that we knew she had sold the barn before we talked about beams... She was so embarrassed ( is that spelt right ...I wonder ) she came round with the money within half an hour of hearing about it...
I think she was genuine unlike the inspector...

phil