Holes & BIG Spiders!

Jilett

The house that is very nearly ours has large gaps along the length of the beams on either side and some very large spiders live in there. Although I'd never harm a spider I'm really terrified of them. I will have nightmares sleeping under these gaps. I can imagine them coming down on their webs to run and jump on my bed while I'm asleep in it.Anyway I want to fill up these holes with some sort of easy filler. Apart from the usual polyfiller (which will take ages) is there anything easier? I assume the wooden beams will expand with heat so it would need to be a flexible filler.
Any ideas?
Janet

The none chemical methods of control are to regularly use a strong vacuum to clear webs, spiders and egg sacs. You need to work out what they are living on. If the house is properly pointed and windows are in tact then flies etc should stop coming onto the house and spiders will die off / starve.

We have large holes in our beams but since we dry lined and pointed very few flies and even fewer spiders. We no longer have a spider problem ( touch wood) even though house is often left empty for three months or more.

How about expanding foam from any diy store, messy stuff can go everywhere but good for big holes! Just a suggestion. Also a few horsechestnut leaves are supposed to put the little blighters off!.....Good luck ....... John (Jackie's other half)

• 2 weeks later...